For all information related to consular matters (e.g.: visas, citizenship, etc.), please contact in person by telephone or e-mail the nearest diplomatic or consular mission of Mongolia.
The following materials are required to obtain Mongolian visa:
- Valid passport
- One passport sized photo
- Application form (External link: Visa Application Form / Tourist Visa Application Form)
- Either an invitation of the receiving entity (state, government, non-governmental organization, business entity) or an official request of the sending country and the organization.
or, for tourists wishing to stay over 30 days up to 90 days, a letter of invitation from a travel agency of Mongolia
or, if you are traveling on a personal invitation of a citizen of Mongolia, an invitation approved by the Office of Immigration, Naturalization and Foreign Citizens of Mongolia, and applicant’s written statement concerning his/her financial credibility to cover his/her stay in Mongolia
or, for those passing Mongolia in transit, onward ticket and visa for next destination are required.
Fees charged for Mongolian visa
- Single entry/exit visa – US$25; for urgent service (within a working day) US$50; this kind of visa is valid for three months from the date of issuing.
- Multiple entry/exit visa valid for six months – US$65; for urgent service (within a working day) US$130,
- Multiple entry/exit visa valid for one year – US$130; for urgent service (within a working day) US$ 260
- Visa extension valid for one week – US$15; for urgent service (within a working day) US$30; US$2 per a day exceeding a week.
List of countries and regions with non-visa regime for all types of passport holders
- Hong Kong – 14 days for all type of passports. There is no visa fee for diplomatic and official passports. Ordinary passport holders pay visa fee if they travel for more than 14 days.
- Israel – 30 days for all type of passports
- Kazakhstan – 90 days for all type of passports
- Malaysia – 1 month for all type of passports
- Philippines – 21 days for all type of passports
- Singapore – 14 days for all type of passports
List of countries without visa fee
- India – All type of passports need a visa, no visa applications, photos and fees required
- USA – no visa for all type of passport holders, including A, H, J visas within 90 days. Visit more than 90 days need visa, service charge – $45, no visa fee required
Yellow fever, smallpox, cholera vaccinations and revaccination are required. Bring a basic medical kit and own medical supplies.
Every traveler must fill in a customs declaration form which should be retained until departure. This allows the free import and re-export of articles intended for personal use for duration of stay. It is prohibited to import and export.
- Guns, weapons and ammunitions without special permission
- Explosive items
- Radioactive substance
- Opium, hashish and other narcotics
- Pornographic publications
- Publications, records, films and drawings against Mongolia
- Research materials, paleonthological and archaeological findings, collection of various plants and their seeds, birds, wild and domestic animals, wool, raw skins and hides and furs without permissions of appropriate Mongolian authorities.